Even the most fabulous woman with the best DNA after a certain age needs to look at cosmetic remedies to help slow the aging process and create healthy more glowing skin.
If you google anti-aging or skin care products you will receive thousands if not millions of products to research. However the challenge begins when you target products catered to women of color.
CEO, Vera Moore former actress turned entrepreneur is the President & CEO of the highly competitive family owned business, Vera Moore Cosmetics. Over the years (more than 33 but who;s counting) Vera has built one of the most progressive and prestigious cosmetics and skin care lines for the global market and multi-cultural, multi-hued woman.
As one of the first black actresses on the NBC soap opera “Another World” Vera realized over her ten year tenure with the network there was a void in the market for quality products for women of color; specifically natural looking foundations that didn’t rub off on your clothes. That realization gave birth to Vera Moore Cosmetics.
Just recently Rejuvenate Magazine caught up with Vera and her team for a meet and greet held at one of the many Duane Reade stores that stock Vera Moore Cosmetics in their “Look Boutiques.”
As the women attending received instruction and make up makeovers I noticed certain products from the line were flying off the shelves. Here are my top five:
1) The first was her line of cleansers. One to cater for each skin type; combination, oily, dry, sensitive, normal and even mature. My favorite is the Soothing Milk Cleanser. As described by the company its a plant derived, botanical nutritious vitamin rich light creamy gentle cleansing milk that cleans, softens and tones the skin, All I know is after application this cleanser leaves your skin with a softer texture and a cleaner appeal.
2) Pick number two is the Face Polisher. This exfoliating creme with enzymes derived from papaya fruit and emollients retexturizes the skin as it soften and removes dead skin cells. Made for all skin types this exfoliating scrub makes a visible difference. Observe… which hand was exfoliated?
3) Vera Moore’s lip gloss is every woman’s “Bag Must Have” Infused with Vitamin E and enriched with gentle emollients this gloss can be used by itself or on top of your lipstick to make your color pop and your lips look luscious. What is best about this gloss is the spearmint. It not only gives it a great taste and awakens your sense of smell and lip allure it also keeps your lips from cracking and getting dry like most lip gloss.
4) The Liquid foundation is exemplary to the iconic brand of Vera Moore cosmetics. This liquid, water based, fragrance free line has a concise selection of colors designed to enhance skin undertones of women of multiple hues. The one color that stands out is the Bronze. Ironically this color was made for women with a darker pigmentation.
“My Bronze is made to be just that a bronzer for women with dark pigmentation that wants that even look without looking grey or ashy.” Below is an example of the glow her long lasting foundation gives the skin.
“The secret to a perfectly sheer & flawless finish is blending. This first step has to be right so ladies take your time.” instructs Vera Moore.
5) Number five is her line of moisturizers. She has one for every type of skin including teenage and mature. The one that is popular is the Botanical Bio Peptide Creme. This product can be used for all skin types especially aging, environmentally damaged and wrinkled skin. It’s properties consist of intensive treatment cream supplementing the skin with ingredients that combat the negative effects of again while improving the appearance of environmentally stressed skin.
So the next time you are in Duane Reade’s “Look Boutique” or online searching for the right product that addresses your needs; take a gander at Vera Moore. Who knows… Moore just might give you more of what you are looking for.